We allow juniors, who must be at least age 12, on clubruns subject to the following conditions: -
- Juniors must make themselves known to the ride leader before the start of the ride.
- If the junior is a club member, he or she must present their membership card to the ride leader before the start of the ride. This will demonstrate to the ride leader that the club holds parental consent.
- If the junior is not a club member and is not accompanied by a parent, then we require the junior to produce a completed Club Run Parental Consent
- If not accompanied by a parent, the ride leader will appoint a responsible adult to accompany the junior to ensure they are not left on their own.
Guidance for Ride Leaders
- Ride Leaders can be assured that the club holds parental consent for juniors who present their membership cards at the start of a ride.
- Should a ride leader suspect they have an unaccompanied junior who has not introduced themself at the start of a ride, the ride leader is entitled to ask that person to show their membership card.
- Ride Leaders must not allow suspected juniors to join the ride if they are unable to produce their membership card, unless they are accompanied by a parent or they can present a completed Club Run Parental Consent
- To comply with British Cycling Best Practice Guidelines ride leaders will appoint a "buddy" to ensure the junior is not left on their own during the ride.
Club Time Trials
To enter our club time trials, juniors must be members for whom we hold Cycling Time Trials Parental Consent These events are run for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials whose Regulations demand that juniors wear a properly affixed helmet which must be of hard / soft shell construction. Helmets should conform to a recognised Standard such as SNELL B95, ANSI Z90.4, AUS/NZS 2063:96, DIN 33-954, CPSC or EN 1078. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to select a helmet that offers protection against head injury; does not restrict vision or hearing; is properly fitted, undamaged and in good condition.
You do not have to be a member to ride our "Come and Try It" events but the other conditions above still apply.
Junior members are exempt from the obligation to help on at least two occasions per season; however we encourage their parents/guardians to fulfil this obligation on their behalf.
If you would like to speak to someone contact Ramona Loveridge