Frequently Asked Questions
Are "Cambridge Cycling Club" and "Cambridge Town and County Cycling Club" the same club?
- Yes, "Cambridge Town and County Cycling Club" is in the official club name, but the name has been abbreviated over time. Many members refer to the Club as the "Town and County", "Cambridge C.C." or "CCC. "
How many members are there in the Club?
- Numbers vary between 200 and 300.
I am not yet 18 years old. Can I turn up to your club rides and club time trials?
- To participate in our Sunday clubruns and evening time trials you will need to join as a junior member, a condition of which is that we hold parental consent.
I am keen on cycling but I am not sure that I would be able to keep up?
- The Club offers club runs every Sunday morning throughout the year. Our ride leaders try to ensure nobody gets left behind. We suggest you start with the touring ride and work your way up to faster groups. With the touring ride you should be capable of riding for 40 miles at an average of 14 mph whilst riding (This will include a café stop at half distance for refreshments).
Where do the Sunday club runs leave from and at what time?
- Sunday club runs leave from various locations in and around Cambridge. Contact our Club Runs Captain who will put you in contact with a relevant group.
I am interested in racing but I do not know how to go about getting a ride?
- We suggest you start with one of our summer evening club time trials. To participate you will need to be a member.
Is the Club insured?
- The Club is insured via British Cycling and Cycling Time Trials for its normal activities. The Officers and Officials are also insured when acting on behalf of the Club. It is important to understand that the club insurance does not cover individuals. We strongly recommend that you obtain third party liability insurance either through; British Cycling 0161 274 2000; Cycling UK (also known as the Cyclists Touring Club) 0844 736 8450; a commercial source or as an endorsement to household insurance.
Many of your members ride around in smart white, red and blue clothing. Where can I get some of that kit?
- Unfortunately, we only supply Club clothing to members. Go to the Clothing Page for more information.
Where can I get more details of the club and its activities?
- We hope our website provides sufficient advice and information. You are welcome to contact a member of our Committee